Guest Experience Director - Chick-fil-A Yonge Bloor
Employer: Chick-fil-A Yonge Bloor (WDY Hospitality Inc.)
Position offered: Guest Experience Director. This is a full-time permanent position in Toronto, Ontario.
Business address: 709 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 2B6
Hours per week: 40 hours
- $20.00/hour with vacation pay at 4% of gross wages/year
- Additional compensation or benefits: Annual Health Savings Account ($1000)
- The candidate will be expected to travel to other locations or for business reasons
Chick-fil-A Yonge and Bloor is seeking talented hospitality and food industry professionals to serve at Chick-fil-A's first flagship restaurant outside of the United States of America. Independently owned and operated the Franchisee is looking for individuals who have a heart to "create a safe, quick, clean and welcoming restaurant experience where people of all walks of life gather to enjoy a nourishing meal." The Guest Experience Director is a leadership position and will assist the Franchisee in daily restaurant operations, building leaders, and serving the community in Toronto. If this desire resonates with you, please continue reading about the role, duties, and qualifications.
- Develop, Lead, and Coach daily the Front of House (FOH) Operational Team of Shift Leaders which includes 8-12 leaders
- Strong Front of House Operations including but not limited to the following:
- Shift, break, cash and people management
- Create, Implement, and Evaluate Restaurant Checklists
- Create, Implement, and Evaluate Restaurant Operations Systems and Processes
- Ensure cleaning and maintenance checklists are followed
- Ensuring Chick-fil-A service and quality standards are performed at ALL times
- Maximize restaurant experience for the guest by achieving targets for Speed of Service, cleanliness, and customer recovery
- Monitor and Analyze customer comments and scores
- Answer the phone and Handle guest recovery
- Partner with Operational teams to schedule staff according to set labour targets
- Partner with Human Resources to recruit, interview, and onboard leaders and employees
- Adhere and Enforce HAACP and OSHA workplace guidelines
- Adhere and Enforce food safety and quality standards, practices, procedures, and behaviors are executed on a daily basis
- Manage team member performance through on-the-job coaching, performance conversation, training, and progressive discipline progress
- Ensure an inclusive, and wholesome work environment for team members
- Monitor the use of restaurant inventory and be a good steward of resources
- Meet on a monthly basis and evaluate goals achievement and set target with leaders
- Co-lead all training initiatives including new employee training, product rollouts, and continuous training with Training Director and Training Team
- Troubleshoot FOH operational systems and machinery when necessary
- Communicate important information to team members in a timely manner - effective downward and upward communication
- Manage third-party delivery partnerships (Door Dash)
- Support the vision of the Operator and Director Team
- Note: Guest Experience Director responsibilities are not limited to the ones listed above and from time to time may be required to perform additional duties to support business demands
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma is required.
- Minimum 4+ years of Chick-fil-A Franchise Experience in a Management/Leadership role or a Quick Service Restaurant equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ work experience in the quick service, hospitality, and customer care industry is required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of leadership experience managing teams, executing business plans, balancing food and labor costs.
- Minimum of 1+ year of Labor Scheduling is required.
- Valid Ontario Food Handler's Card is required.
- Minimum of High School Diploma is required.
- Full-Time Availability (overtime available) is required.
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.