Interested in upskilling in cybersecurity and making a place for yourself in the GTA’s growing technology field?
Feeling anxious, depressed, or struggling with your mental health from the impact of Covid-19 or life barriers?
Join the Career Jumpstart program for paid technical training in partnership with IBM as well as employment and mental health supports to help you thrive in the workforce.
The world is facing a chronic shortage of cybersecurity talent as new technologies and evolving threats increase the level of cyber risk at a faster pace than existing cybersecurity teams can handle. This trend is creating unprecedented demand for cybersecurity professionals, making the cyber talent shortage one of Canada’s most critical challenges.
Our program will help match young job seekers with the skills and connections needed to fill this in-demand field, while also providing resources and strategies to support the mental health of young workers.
This program offers youth a supportive environment to obtain in-demand skills and, with YES’ leadership and employment opportunities, to become empowered in their employment goals.
This 13 week workforce development program will offer you:
- Facilitated support in completing the IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate
- Free access to technical skills platforms (including IBM Skillsbuild and Accenture’s Skills2Succeed) for self-paced learning
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with industry leaders in the field
- Mental Health supports and resources including access to a registered psychotherapist and free CBT sessions
- Soft Skills training in valuable pre-employment areas such as conceptual thinking, problem solving, growth mindset, metacognition, self-efficacy and much more
- Personalized resume, interview skills, and job search support to begin your career in cloud computing
- Specialized job search support
- Must be 29 years old or under*
- Must have completed post-secondary education
- IT knowledge and experience is an asset
- Self-identify with mental health concerns or issues, or experiencing negatively impacted mental heath as a result of Covid-19 (this does not require formal diagnosis)
- Must have ability to commit to 13 weeks full time (Mon – Fri) in class/virtual training program starting June 6, 2022
- Must have access to a stable WiFi connection
- Must reside or be willing to work within the GTA
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, PR, Convention Refugee, Refugee Claimant or have an open work permit valid for at least 1 year from program start date.
- Must be highly motivated to participate
- Must NOT currently be in full time employment or enrolled in education or other training
- Priority will be given to diverse populations and individuals self-identifying with a mental health disability
* Applicants over the age of 29 who identify as a person with disability may apply
- Fill out the online application and submit 1 page resume to email@example.com
- Eligible candidates will receive an invitation to sign up for a 1-on-1 interview with scenario-based questions
- Accepted candidates will be invited to the group orientation and program launch
Please note: Program staff will begin connecting with eligible candidates throughout May. Please do not be concerned if you do not hear back from staff immediately. We will do our best to contact you for your interview as soon as we’re able.
To learn more about the Career JumpStart program or for any needed accommodation in the application process please contact YES Manager, Gabriella Evans, at firstname.lastname@example.org