The Employment Champion for Youth
YES believes that employment is empowerment and the cornerstone of safe and healthy communities. YES leads the Canadian youth sector with innovative programs that empower disadvantaged and vulnerable youth to become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
YES is the Canadian youth employment leader and we serve tens of thousands annually with a close to 90% success rate. YES created youth employment services in Canada in 1968 and has since helped hundreds of thousands of youth, many disadvantaged, directly and millions indirectly. For every $1 dollar of funding YES has shown to give back $3 to the economy in terms of new wages, tax revenues, a reduction on social services and much more. Further, employment is a social determinant to health, so the long term impact is enormous. YES trains and replicates our successful practices with partners and employment agencies across Canada, creating a stronger nation.
YES is the youth employment leader and continues to adapt to changing environments to serve Canadians including:
- Over 25 employment counselling, training and placement programs, including Employment Services (ES), Youth Job Connection, Youth Collaboration, and many more. YES also offers world class on-line training and development
- The YES-Lighthouse Program has become the leader in training and employing youth with mental health issues
- YES BizStart helps youth with entrepreneurial skills and start their own business
- YES Career Accelerator Program helps develop critical skills for the ‘Future of Work’
- YES Mentorship programs help youth in many areas while the hard skills programs YES offers help develop more specific skills in areas like digital literacy and cloud computing
Above all, YES empowers youth to change their lives and help build safer, stronger communities.
Awards & Recognition:
- Proud Recipient of the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities’ Awards
- Minister’s Award for Service Delivery Innovation
- Minister’s Gold Award for Service Delivery Excellence
- Minister’s Silver Award for Service Delivery Excellence
- The National Service Award from The Rotary Club of Toronto – Power of Rotary Awards
- Mayor’s Community Safety Award – City of Toronto
- Harvard Business School Club of Toronto Leadership Award in the not for profit sector: Recipient Nancy Schaefer
- The Community Service Award from The Rotary Club of Toronto West for “Meritorious Service to Youth”
- YES is proud to have received a 4 Star rating, the highest possible, on Charity Intelligence.
- The Youth Employment Solution: From Universal Healthcare to Universal Employment
Osgood Hall Law Review
By Timothy Lang – YES President & CEO
- Good Job! A Young Person’s Guide to Finding, Landing, and Loving a Job
- Good WORK! Get a GREAT JOB or be your OWN BOSS: a young person’s guide.
- Good WORK! Facilitator’s Guide
- Un travail pour moi! Guide à l’intention des jeunes pour obtenir l’emploi de ses rêves ou démarrer son entreprise