AWS Educate SPOTLIGHT!
With AWS Educate, you can benefit with at-home learning opportunities through AWS Educate Cloud Career Pathways and specialty badges, and online workshops and webinars to help you continue to build cloud skills.
Clients have access to content and programs developed to skill up for cloud careers in growing fields. AWS Educate also connects companies hiring for cloud skills to qualified job seekers with the AWS Educate Job Board.
Learn key cloud skills for careers in cloud computing. Each pathway is aligned to in-demand job roles like:
- Intro to Cloud 101
- Application Developer
- Cloud Support Associate
- Cloud Support Engineer
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Data Integration Specialist
- Data Scientist
- DevOps Engineer
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Software Development Engineer
- Solutions Architect
- Web Development Engineer
and includes 25+ hours of self-paced content, mentorship and financial literacy curriculum.
- Must have completed some or all post-secondary education
- Knowledge of tech foundations is an asset
- Must have an interest in cloud computing as a career path
- Must reside within GTA
- Must be eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN
- Must be highly motivated to participate
- Must NOT currently be employed, enrolled in education or other training
Get paired with a Career Counsellor/Job Developer to support you with your resume, interviews and job search.
Register NOW! Contact Su Kularatnam at email@example.com for more information.
YES 2 Cloud
The YES2Cloud program will allow clients to access free cloud technology training, earn badges and certificates, and access entry-level or advanced cloud jobs.
The world is changing, technology is advancing, and this means the job market is changing too…
- the youth unemployment rate has recently risen to over 30%
- there is a shortage of cloud technology trained professionals
- there are 500,000 unfilled jobs in this sector
873,000 young people have been put out of work since COVID-19 forced the closure of large swaths of public life in mid-March with the youth unemployment rate jumping to 27.2% in April. But this crisis has also created opportunities, with the demand for cloud computing services increasing astronomically. There is a need for a skilled pool of candidates to fill these jobs. Working in partnership with Amazon Web Services, SAS and IBM, we will be able to provide youth with access to free online training where youth can learn about key tech skills, build in the cloud, and earn digital credentials. Youth will also have access to cloud computing specific job boards through our partners.
YES2Cloud will empower youth to access relevant cloud opportunities and to gain employment. This program will provide you with the skills needed to succeed today, and in the future, and provide you with in-demand tech training and access to in-demand jobs.
YES has partnered with three online cloud training platforms which include:
YES2Cloud is for clients who:
– Are a YES client
– Are interested in tech
– Have a willingness to learn about cloud computing
– Are interested in entry-level or advanced cloud jobs
– Must have access to a laptop and strong and stable Wi-Fi connection
To register for YES2Cloud, please connect with your Career Counsellor or Job Developer.
For more information, contact Su Kularatnam at firstname.lastname@example.org