The YES 2 Tech Learn and Earn (Y2TLE) program will prepare you for a drastically shifting workforce. With technology, changing demographics and globalization altering the types of jobs available and the skills required for them, we need to ensure that you are provided with the ability to develop the knowledge, values and a diverse range of critical thinking, communication and information management skills for the digital age in order to gain a competitive edge in the labour market.
Y2TLE in collaboration with AWS re/Start will help you to develop both soft skills and the global skills that are portable and transferable between occupations and help you pass the test of disruption. These skills, including competencies such as collaboration and teamwork, communication, adaptability, empathy and conceptual thinking, provide a competitive advantage for you to obtain jobs today and in the future.
Together, Amazon Web Services re/Start and YES are excited to help individuals launch a career in cloud computing. Each cohort of learners, supported by professional mentors and accredited trainers, completes a 12 week training featuring real-world scenario-based leanings, hands-on labs, and coursework. You will build Linux, Python, networking, security and relational database skills as well as pre-employment training to prepare for employer meetings. Learners will become equipped to pursue the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam to gain qualifications for entry-level cloud positions.
- Must have completed post-secondary education in any discipline
- Must have an interest in cloud computing as a career path
- Must have the ability to commit to a 12 week full-time (Monday-Friday) in class/virtual training program
- Must have access to a laptop and strong and stable Wi-Fi connection that can sustain a 5Mbps connection and support outbound RDP (TCP/3389) and SSH (TCP/22) traffic. *If you do not have access to a laptop, YES can support with this
- Must be highly motivated to participate and ready to start on July 6, 2020
- Must reside within the GTA
- Must be eligible to work in Canada (Toronto, ON)
There is a multi-step application process:
1. Fill out the online application below
2. Attend a group orientation, by invite
3. Complete an aptitude test
4. Complete virtual interviews with scenario based questions, by invite