AWS re/Start is a skills development program that prepares learners for entry-level careers in the cloud.
The program’s mission is to build local talent by providing AWS Cloud skills development and job opportunities to youth. YES will connect learners with potential employers and help them launch a career in the cloud.
AWS re/Start and YES will collaborate to build an inclusive and diverse global pipeline of new cloud talent by focusing on young people helping them launch entry-level roles as an AWS Cloud Practitioner. AWS re/Start prepares learners for entry-level, cloud roles, such as cloud operations, site reliability, infrastructure support, and technical adjacent business support functions.
Each cohort of learners, supported by professional mentors and accredited trainers, completes a 12-week training featuring real-world scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework. AWS re/Start provides learners with resume and interview coaching to prepare for employer meetings and interviews to launch an entry-level cloud career. YES will connect learners with potential hiring employers. Learners who do not receive a job placement following the conclusion of their cohort will receive feedback on growth areas to prepare them for future success.
- Must have completed post-secondary education in any discipline
- Must have an interest in cloud computing as a career path
- Must have the ability to commit to a 12 week full-time (Monday-Friday) in class/virtual training program
- Must have access to a laptop and strong and stable Wi-Fi connection that can sustain a 5Mbps connection and support outbound RDP (TCP/3389) and SSH (TCP/22) traffic. (*If you do not have access to a laptop, YES can support with this)
- Must be highly motivated to participate in an intensive skills development training
There is a multi-step application process:
1. Fill out the online application and submit 1 page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Be invited to a group orientation
3. Complete an aptitude test
4. Be invited for 1-on-1 interviews with scenario based questions