The YES 2 Tech Learn and Earn (Y2TLE) program will prepare you for a drastically shifting workforce.
With technology, changing demographics and globalization altering the types of jobs available and the skills required for them, we need to ensure that you are provided with the ability to develop the knowledge, values and a diverse range of critical thinking, communication and information management skills for the digital age in order to gain a competitive edge in the labour market.
The YES2Teach Learn & Earn program will prepare young job seekers with the skills and training needed to make a place for themselves in the GTA’s growing technology field.
Program Length: 15 total weeks – YES specific training (includes, pre-employment, future skills, access to online resources and more) 3 weeks + AWS re/Start training 12 weeks, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Description: Launch a career in technology with YES & AWS re/Start.
AWS re/Start is a free, full-time skills development program to jump-start your career working in cloud computing. A technology background is not required to apply and the program is focused on unemployed and underemployed individuals.
AWS re/Start and YES have teamed up to offer this tuition free, online program in Toronto, Ontario. Through scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework, learners gain the skills they need for an entry-level cloud role. In the program, you’ll also focus on professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, resume building, and interviewing to prepare for employer meeting and interviews. You will learn cloud computing skills and prepare for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification with free access to practice and full exams. After you graduate, YES will connect you with employers and help you move into your new working life.
What your journey to the cloud will look like:
- Participate and complete 3 weeks of Soft Skills training in valuable pre-employment areas such as conceptual thinking, problem solving, leadership, entrepreneurship, and much more
- Access mentorship and networking opportunities with industry leaders
- Support with personalized resume, interview skills, and job search to begin your career in cloud computing and tech fields
- Specialized job search support
- Wraparound supports
- 12 weeks of facilitated workshops with AWS re/Start Training to complete the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam and become certified (financial support for 12 weeks available)
- Must have completed post-secondary education
- Knowledge of tech foundations is an asset
- Must have an interest in cloud computing as a career path
- Must have ability to commit to a 15 week full time (Mon – Fri) virtual training program starting June 7, 2021
- Must have access to a stable WiFi connection
- Must reside within GTA
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be highly motivated to participate
- Must NOT currently be employed, enrolled in education or other training
- 1. Apply – Fill out the online application (ensure you meet the eligibility criteria). Email 1 page resume to email@example.com
- 2. Join information session + Case Study
- 3. Aptitude Test + 1-on-1 Interviews
- 4. Orientation
- 5. Class begins!
- 6. Prepare for interviews and employer meetings
- 7. Graduation
- 8. Advance your career!
What is cloud computing?
Learn more in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH0yz-Osy54&feature=youtu.be
What skills will I learn? Through hands-on interactive sessions, you’ll learn technical, behavioral and mindset skills to prepare you to launch a career in the cloud.
- How cloud computing works
- AWS Cloud skills
- How to use different programing languages
- Build skills aligned with AWS Certification – you’ll prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification
Behavior & Mindset skills
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- Time management
Questions? Reach out!
Contact Shari Raghoo, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!