The YES2Tech program will prepare young job seekers with the skills and training needed to make a place for themselves in the GTA’s growing technology field.
As the labour market rapidly adapts to our increasingly virtual world, the Y2T program offers an opportunity to bridge the gap between the rising youth unemployment rate and the expanding job market of the digital age.
This program offers youth a supportive environment to obtain in-demand skills and, with YES’ leadership and employment opportunities, to become empowered in their employment goals.
This 13 week skills program offers participants:
- Facilitated support with AWS re/Start Training to complete the cloud practitioner exam and become certified (go to https://www.yes.on.ca/y2tle-aws/ for more information on AWS re/Start program)
- Soft Skills training in valuable pre-employment areas such as conceptual thinking, problem solving, leadership, entrepreneurship, and much more
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with industry leaders
- Facilitation opportunities to gain leadership experience
- Personalized resume, interview skills, and job search support to begin your career in cloud computing
- Specialized job search support
- Must be between the ages of 20 – 29
- Must have completed post-secondary education
- Must have an interest in cloud computing as a career path
- Must have ability to commit to a 13 week full time (Mon – Fri) in class/virtual training program starting February 1, 2021
- Must have access to a stable WiFi connection
- Must reside within the GTA
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be highly motivated to participate
- Must NOT currently be employed, enrolled in education or other training
1. Fill out the online application and submit 1 page resume to email@example.com
2. Be invited to a group orientation
3. Complete an aptitude test
4. Be invited for 1-on-1 interviews with scenario-based questions
Applications are now closed.
To learn more about the YES2Tech program, please contact YES Manager, Shari Raghoo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This grant, part of Citi and the Citi Foundation’s global Pathways to Progress initiative, will support youth in gaining skills in the growing IT/Cloud sector.