YES 2 Tech Learn And Earn
Our applications are currently closed for this year. We will update this page when the applications for this program are open again for next year.
If you are interested in joining a self-paced tech learning program please take a few minutes to learn more about our skills to success program.
AWS re/Start and YES have teamed up to offer a free, hybrid, full-time skills development program to jump-start your IT career. Through scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework, learners gain the skills they need for an entry-level cloud role. In the program, you’ll also focus on professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, resume building, and interviewing to prepare for employer meeting and interviews. You will learn cloud computing skills and prepare for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification with free access to practice and full exams. After you graduate, YES will connect you with employers and help you move into your new working life.
What your journey to the cloud will look like:
- 12 weeks of facilitated workshops with AWS re/Start Training to complete the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam and become certified (financial support for 12 weeks available)
- (15 week full-time program, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
- Participate and complete future skills training in valuable employment areas such as conceptual thinking, problem solving, leadership, and much more
- Access mentorship and networking opportunities with industry leaders
- Support with personalized resume, interview skills, and job search to begin your career in cloud computing and tech fields
- Specialized job search support
- Wraparound supports
- Must have completed post-secondary education
- Must have an interest in cloud computing as a career path
- NOT currently employed, enrolled in education or other training
- Must have ability to commit to a 15-week full time (Mon – Fri) virtual training program starting Mid-September
- Must have access to a stable WiFi connection
- Must reside within the GTA
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be Canadian Citizen, PR, Convention Refugee, or have a pending PR application approval (open work permit, approved in principle) *will need to provide letter from IRCC*
- Must be highly motivated to participate
- Must be ready to work after the completion of the training
- Knowledge of tech foundations is an asset
- Apply – Fill out the online application (ensure you meet the eligibility criteria).
- Suitability form + Case Study + 1-on-1 Interviews + Aptitude Test
- Orientation: Understand Program Requirements, Expectations and Structure
- Class begins! Start technical training alongside job-readiness workshops, prepare for interviews and employer meetings
- Graduate: Work with a Career Counsellor/Job Developer to find, apply, and land a job that advances your career!
Please feel free to fill out our form and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible. Click here to fill out our form.