|Location||Dupont and Spadina|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2019|
The Summer Program Coordinator provides administrative and logistical support for Canada's
Ballet Jörgen's Summer Dance Intensive Programs. These programs offer summer dance training for students from ages 9 to 20. There are five levels designed for different abilities, ranging from beginner to emerging artists seeking a professional career in dance. The primary objective of the Company's Summer Dance programs is to build knowledge and skill across age groups and geographies. The work provided by the Summer Program Coordinator will help unsure the Company can meet this objective.
· Administrative work on program registration;
· Supporting student orientation and check in;
· Answering questions and providing assistance for students and parents;
· Chaperoning duties on site at company studios;
· Assisting with binder preparation for summer program dorm chaperones;
· Entering data gathered from Summer Dance feedback forms;
· Creating a summary of suggestions for summer dance 2020;
· Putting together preliminary brochure paperwork with 2020 updates;
· Assisting with studio preparation, set-up for showings;
· Preparing class lists, checking class attendance;
· Escorting students to appointments and activities as needed;
· Assisting with research for future informational mailings;
· Assisting with social media content generation;
· Updating and monitoring daily schedules with respect to faculty & accompanists
· Various other tasks as required.
· This job is made possible through the Government of Canada’s Summer Jobs Program. Candidates must be between 15 and 30 years of age AND be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
· Experience with Microsoft Office a must;
· Effective written and verbal communication skills a must;
· Database (Raisers Edge) management experience an asset;
· WordPress experience an asset;
· An interest in performing arts administration or education as asset;
· Knowledge of/background in dance/performing arts an asset;
· French an asset.
9 Weeks Minimum
Start Date: June 24, 2019
Hours: 30 hours per week
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Program Coordinator” in the subject
Application deadline is June 17. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*This job is made possible through the Government of Canada’s Summer Jobs Program.
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.