|Location||Don Mills & Eglinton Ave|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2019|
The Aga Khan Museum (AKM) is a public institution devoted to the Islamic arts and cultures in all their historic and geographic diversity. The Museum’s mission is to inform, educate, and inspire audiences from all cultures by presenting art created in the Islamic world throughout the past fourteen centuries, along with current paths of artistic practice and cultural development.
We are currently seeking volunteers to support across multiple areas of the Museum. These are the current opportunities available:
- Summer Camp Volunteers – These volunteers assist children from ages 6 – 12 during our summer camp season (July and August).
- Visitor Services Volunteers – These volunteers engage and connect with visitors at various entry points in the Museum and throughout our spaces. Their primary responsibilities involve greeting visitors, assisting them with their questions, allowing access into the galleries and facilitating the safekeeping of coats and bags. Our Visitor Services volunteers also assist during all of our special events.
- Gift Shop Volunteers – Our Gift Shop volunteers are responsible for four primary tasks: they facilitate product sales in our Gift Shop; they assist the Shop Supervisor with product displays; they participate in the processing of new shipments and in the maintenance of stockroom standards; and they address questions from customers, providing general information about the Museum and specific information about Store policies and procedures.
- Education Volunteers – Our Education volunteers engage with participants of our educational programs as required, including conducting Permanent, Special Exhibition, Architecture and Park tours as well as school or special group tours, and by supporting in the classrooms and gallery activities during visits of school groups or planned family activities.
Interested volunteers will be able to select their desired area(s) to volunteer in and can choose whether they would like to volunteer just for the Spring or Summer months, or on an ongoing basis.
In addition, interested volunteers must:
- Possess strong interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be courteous and helpful and strive to enhance the visitor experience.
- Have an interest in museums and art.
- Be fluent in English; fluency in one other languages an asset.
- Have availability for training sessions.
- Be able to submit a Health and Safety and a Police Clearance Certificate.
Our next intake & interview night is taking place on May 1st from 5:30 – 8pm.
To apply, please fill out the application form on our website by April 25th and mark your calendar for the intake night. At the end of April, we will be contacting you to confirm your attendance at the intake and provide you with additional details. Please ensure that you also have availability on the evening of May 7th in case you are asked to attend.
Here is the link to the application form: www.agakhanmuseum.org/support/volunteer.html.
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.