|Location||Yonge & Church|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2019|
At Davenhill Senior Living we are seeking out individuals to join our team of professionals. Are you committed to providing hope, autonomy, community and dignity to mature adults in an organization that is committed to excellence, accountability and affordability? If so, and you believe you meet the required criteria listed below, then we want to meet you!
An interesting and challenging experience awaits you!
Department: Cleaning Services
Reports To: Cleaning Services Team Leader
Job Location: Toronto
To maintain Davenhill Senior Living as safe clean comfortable environment for all the residents, staff and visitors at all times
Key Result Areas:
• Customers are satisfied with the cleaning services received
• The Organization is protected from exposure to infractions and related fines as a result of non-compliance to regulations; the Organization is protected from preventable damage, loss or breakdown to its assets
• Overall the Organization is maintaining and growing its reputation as a facility of excellence in all areas
• Maintain a clean, safe environment in the facility
• Work as a member of a team with all other departments
• Be knowledgeable of and practice the facility’s fire and health & safety procedures
• Timely successful completion of all mandatory in-service training
• Report any safety concerns immediately to Team Leader
• Make up resident’s bed with clean linen and replace bathroom towels
• Clean, dust, and vacuum residents rooms and public areas of the facility – i.e. lobby, lounge, corridors and elevators
• Clean and disinfect resident bathrooms and all washrooms in the facility including all fixtures, tiles, floors, vanity and mirrors
• Clean rooms vacated by residents and set up rooms for incoming residents
• Collect garbage from resident rooms and other areas of the facility and dispose of with the set procedures
• Collect and deliver resident personal laundry as needed
• Clean and organize common areas of the property
• Clean and restock housekeeping cart
• Clean, mop, and wax all garbage rooms on the assigned floors
• Report any repairs needed to Team Leader
• Notify Team Leader when housekeeping supplies are running low
• Work in the capacity of Fire Safety Monitor and Launderer as required
• Any other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• You have a minimum 2 years of experience as a Cleaner
• You are able to read, write and speak English to the extent that you can follow oral and written orders and can provide written and oral feedback.
• You have a full understanding of WHMIS and Sanitation Code as it pertains to cleaning practices.
• You are able to physically lift and carry heavy objects 40 lbs and over, do extensive standing, walking, climbing stairs, squatting & kneeling
• You are responsible and able to work with minimum supervision
• You are a team player
• You are available to work all shifts and weekends as needed
The following are also highly desired:
• Experience working with Senior Citizens
• Terms are set out in the Collective Agreement.
• Starting wage is $ 16.70 per hour ($17.07+$0.95 in lieu of benefits after probation)
• Estimated 2-3 shifts, 15-22 hours required per week but will vary based on needs of the department.
The philosophy of care of Davenhill Senior Living is based on the beliefs and principles held by the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada and its members and supporters. Known for our Christian heritage and exceptional value, we exceed the independent, assisted and memory care needs of mature adults of all faith traditions.
We sincerely appreciate all candidates who apply however only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Davenhill Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, wherever appropriate, support will be provided in the recruitment process and accommodations for disabilities will be provided on request. All offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks, police vulnerable sector screening and testing for Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases.
Resumes and copies of supporting documentation may be posted, emailed or hand delivered and must reach our offices by the expiry date.
Davenhill Senior Living
877 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3M2
Attn: Staff Relations Specialist
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.