|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category||Health and Human Services/Animal Services|
We are hiring Personal Support Workers with a passion for forming connections with those they serve. We’re looking for skilled relationship builders with an entrepreneurial mindset. As a Personal Support Worker, you are responsible for assisting members with all activities of daily living (ADL), including personal hygiene and basic care.
The PSW observes and reports any changes in residents’ status to the company and Director of Wellness. Your efforts will allow those you serve to thrive at home by supporting additional areas such as meal prep, laundry, changing sheets, light housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.), participating with senior in customized activities, or escorting to an appointment or for grocery shopping (transportation would be coordinated).
As a PSW with our company, the heart and soul of this position will be building and maintaining meaningful relationships with the seniors and their families. In doing so, you will enable your clients to continue living independently in the place they call home.
What do you need to qualify?:
• Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to engage and support the seniors you care for – experience caregiving / fostering relationships with seniors is a plus
• Excellent communicator, resilient, & flexible to meet the changing priorities of a pilot project
• Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations independently
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information
• Own a smartphone and comfortable with using apps
• Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health & safety practices, principles & legislation
• Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation & maintaining immunizations
• Valid G class drivers’ license, valid automobile insurance and willing to travel throughout the Greater Toronto Area
• Familiarity with retirement industry resources is considered an asset
The finer details:
• Variable shift times allowing for increased flexibility as determined by you.
• Potential for full-time hours
• Some evening and weekend rotations
• Tiered reward system based on the amount of shifts you choose to accept. Rewards are based on hours worked and include a cell phone allowance, meal vouchers, a health spending account and RRSP matching!
• Client homes are located throughout the Greater Toronto Area
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.