|Job Title||Prep Cook|
|Location||Dufferin and Lawrence|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
As a Prep Cook, you are responsible for ensuring that the quality and consistency of
prepared food products within the Mabel's, Healthy Butcher and Fresh City brands are
maintained while working with the rest of the Prepared Foods Team, helping to ensure
that production targets are met.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
● Bread and Breakfast Pastries
o Following existing recipes and processes to make salads, dips, fillings,
sauces and assemble entrées
o Cooking meat and vegetable proteins to be sold as is or used in
sandwiches, salads and entrées
o Canning and preserving jams, pickles, soups and sauces
o Prepping vegetables and starches as mis en place for daily production
o Portioning and labelling finished goods for sale
o Labelling and storing goods raw goods, mis en place, sauces, etc.
correctly, ensuring proper date rotation
o Assistance with ingredient, packaging and label inventories
Other duties as required including but not limited to;
o Assisting with other production areas as needed, including pastry,
packing, and sandwiches
o Handling machinery including but not limited to ovens, blenders and food
o Following all food handling protocols as set by the kitchen and the board
o Cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces
o Cleaning and maintaining all shared equipment
o Other Duties as Required
WHAT YOU’RE BRINGING TO THE TABLE:
● Works well in a team setting (agreeable, courteous and positive).
● Reliable (always shows up on time)
● Organized and able to work quickly
● Pay close attention to detail and are able to work neatly
● Can work independently, but not afraid to ask for help.
● One year of commercial kitchen experience
● Interest/knowledge in organics/farming/local food an asset
● You LOVE food and have a PASSION for anything delicious
- Full Time
- Hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM (Approximately 10-12-hour shifts)
- Days: Sundays - Tuesdays & Wednesdays every other week.
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.