|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category||Health and Human Services/Animal Services|
We are looking to hire a Companion with a passion for forming connections with those they serve. We’re looking for a skilled relationship builder with an entrepreneurial mindset. To be a companion you are not required to have any certifications. It is the perfect job if you are a retiree, a single parent or a new Canadian seeking flexibility in your work schedule.
As a Companion, you are responsible for providing emotional support and non-medical services that improve the lives of the seniors you serve. Your efforts will allow those you serve to thrive at home by supporting areas such as meal prep, laundry, changing sheets, light housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.), participating with senior in customized activities, or escorting to an appointment or for grocery shopping (transportation would be coordinated).
As a Companion, your core responsibility will be building and maintaining meaningful relationships with the seniors and their families. In doing so, you will enable your clients to continue living independently in the place they call home. As a founding member of this growing business you will also be involved in the ongoing use and provision of feedback on the custom-built app that will power our service. Additionally, you will participate in the recruitment and onboarding of additional team members.
What do you need to qualify?:
• Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to engage and support the seniors you care for – experience caregiving / fostering relationships with seniors is a plus
• Excellent communicator, resilient, & flexible to meet the changing priorities of a pilot project
• Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations independently
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information
• Own a smartphone and comfortable with using apps
• Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health & safety practices, principles & legislation
• Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation & maintaining immunizations
• Valid G class drivers’ license, valid automobile insurance and willing to travel throughout the Greater Toronto Area
• Familiarity with retirement industry resources is considered an asset
The finer details:
• Variable shift times allowing for increased flexibility as determined by you. Use our proprietary scheduling app to accept available shifts that suit your schedule!
• Potential for full-time hours
• Flexibility in working evenings & weekends
• Tiered reward system based on the amount of shifts you choose to accept. Rewards may include a cell phone stipend and meal vouchers to a health spending account, RRSP matching and pension contributions!
• Client homes are located throughout the Greater Toronto Area
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.