|Location||Dufferin and Lawrence|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
The Healthy Butcher is Toronto's most trusted butcher and is the source for the best
ethically raised meat in the city. The store offers a direct connection to the food source,
partnering with over 75 farmers within 100 miles of Toronto for beef, lamb, pork,
chicken, bison, elk, Cornish hen, quail, goose, and other premium meats, seasonal local
produce, and both freshwater and ocean fish. All ingredients sold by The Healthy
Butcher have been vetted to be clean, using sustainable and ethical practices.
The Healthy Butcher prides itself on being able to provide their customers with
transparency on the product that they sell. We are looking for staff with a passion for
food and butchering.
We're looking for a Butcher to join our team!
What you will do in this role:
● Break down muscles from whole animal carcasses
● Clean and cut various cuts of meat
● Package meat for customer orders
● Provide the highest level of customer service
Requirements for this role:
● At least 2 years experience in the food industry
● Positive, passionate, and self-starting attitude and work ethic
● Proactive, responsible, and dependable
● A problem solver with the ability to think creatively and work with your hands
● Work well under pressure
● Excellent organization and communication skills
● Schedule flexibility including nights and weekends
● Food discount across Fresh City, The Healthy Butcher & Mabel's Bakery brands
● Company health & dental benefits
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.
- Hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM (Approximately 10-12-hour shifts)
- Days: Sundays - Tuesdays & Wednesdays every other week.
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.