Renovation Carpenters Needed
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is preferred but is not required
- Some experience in construction and/or renovations is preferred but is not required
- Criminal record check is required
Location: Ottawa and Surrounding Areas
Duties: This is an entry level carpenter position and is well suited to someone that is flexible and willing to learn. We are a busy and growing company, and we are looking for reliable workers that we can train and invest in.
While experience in renovations and/or construction would be an asset, it is not required, and you will be trained on the job.
You will primarily be working on residential renovations, but will be expected to assist with all duties on a project including demolition and clean-up, and to assist with other projects, in order to ensure that all of our projects are completed in a timely manner.
You will be expected to:
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings to determine project specifications
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials
- Build foundations under supervision, lay subflooring, and erect walls
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, moulding and hardware
- Fit and install fixtures such as vanities, cabinets, mirrors, and towel bars
- Assist with general maintenance, repair and renovation of residences as directed
- Assist with pre-renovation or construction demolition as directed
- Assist with foundation waterproofing and general concrete repair as directed
- If licenced, drive a company vehicle during the work day
- Other duties as assigned to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.