Program Coordinator, Indigenous Activities
Program Coordinator, Indigenous Activities
At Jack.org, this is what we do.
At Jack.org, we support a national network of young leaders as they work to revolutionize mental health in their communities. While COVID-19 has surely impacted the way that we do things, our work is not slowing down. Our network of 3,000 (and counting!) young people across Canada are as busy as ever, and our staff of 90 humans and 3 dogs are working just as hard - albeit from the comfort and safety of their own homes for the time being!
Over the past few years, Jack.org has pivoted its programming to respond to the global crisis. Now more than ever, they must reach and support young people's mental health across Canada. And they are in a strong position to do so: they have committed donors, a financial reserve, new leadership and a high-performing team eager to tackle the challenges in front of them and continue their exceptional growth.
Reporting into the Manager, Cultural & Linguistic Adaptation, this role is a non-clinical role that is in constant communication with Indigenous youth in our network, and coordinates with stakeholders and external organizations to help deliver Jack.org programming. They have experience working with Indigenous youth, have a positive, team-focused attitude, and want to help make a positive difference for the mental health landscape in Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate and support activities focused on Indigenous youth on Jack.org programs (Be There, Chapters, Talks, and new initiatives).
- Be the main point of contact for Indigenous youth in our network of young people, managing all the administration and logistics of Indigenous focused programmatic activities
- Maintain clean and organized accounts for all program activity on Salesforce
- Field general inquiries through emails from the network
- Administer surveys to the network and conduct other culturally appropriate types of evaluation (e.g. sharing circles) on behalf of the Evaluation team
- Support Indigenous young people in becoming confident, active, and knowledgeable leaders in their communities
- Facilitate workshops and collaborative sessions for Indigenous youth, both virtual and in-person
- Build and foster relationships with key community stakeholders (such as; high schools, post secondary schools, and community groups) to support programming outreach for Indigenous youth.
- Follow best-practices to ensure the safety of Indigenous youth involved in our programs, while creating inclusive and respectful spaces for all
- Support the manager and the Indigenous Adaptation Lead on administrative tasks associated with the design adaptation and implementation of activities focused on Indigenous Youth as needed.
- Other responsibilities as determined/required from time to time.
We’re looking for:
- Ability and/or experience working with Indigenous youth (lived experience in an Indigenous community strongly preferred/prioritized)
- Excellent coordination, organization and time management skills
- Experience with/ commitment to applying equity, diversity, inclusion principles to work and workplace
- Comfortable with independent work, but also works well within a team environment
- Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving structure/work environment
- Strong and consistent communication skills for internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and/or experience in youth engagement, and program delivery
We would love it if you had (Ideal, but not a must):
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Qualtrics, Form Assembly, Canvas, Asana, and/or Google Suite will be an asset
- Experience and/or ability with public speaking, leading educational workshops, and/or facilitating group discussions
- Working proficiency in French
- Understanding of the mental health landscape for young people in Canada
- A trust-based culture with unlimited sick days, flex hours, and an emphasis on the results delivered over the hours worked.
- Competitive compensation, 2 weeks vacation plus 2 additional weeks (Jack.org has a mandatory company-wide break for a week in July and December) and a comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 of annual coverage for mental health services and $1000 for annual Professional Development
- Working for an employee-focused organization that supports professional development and will invest time and money into your personal growth
- The scale of Jack.org’s ambitions is exciting, and the right candidate would embrace this challenge and opportunity.
How to apply:
If you’re the person we’re looking for, apply with your cover letter and resume of no more than one page (PDF format preferred). We will accept applications on an ongoing basis - since we will consider applications as they come in, don’t delay! The successful candidate must be available to start by July 2023 (open to starting even earlier).
Our staff works under a hybrid model, with the flexibility to work from home or the office. You may be required to go into the office occasionally, depending on your role and jack.org operational needs.
A diverse team with various skills and abilities will inspire creativity and drive innovation in our organization. We are committed to building a team representative of different backgrounds and perspectives, and we encourage applications from all candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, people of colour, people from LGBTQ2S+ and disabilities communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At jack.org we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, authentic, and accountable workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the ideal candidate we are looking for.
Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. Accommodation requests can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for applying! 💙
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.