- Assist person(s) with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts and transfers, bathing, skin care, oral hygiene, and toileting.
- Can perform delegated tasks which have been delegated by an RHP in compliance with the RHPA for which transfer of functional training has been completed, such as insertion of a digit or instrument into a body cavity, care or procedure under the dermis and any task or skill needing a physician’s prescription.
- Can assist with medication and medication reminders to person(s) in accordance with established employer or government policy.
- Can perform light housekeeping duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming, washing dishes, and laundry.
- Must continuously observe person(s) and their environments, and must report and document unsafe conditions and behavioral, physical, and / or cognitive changes to an appropriate supervisor; i.e. family member, employer, care coordinator etc.
- Must communicate and demonstrate basic information to person(s) in relation to activities of daily living, light housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, in accordance with pre-established Plan of Care.
Must complete and maintain related records and documentation such as communication books and progress notes.
Language Required: English
Education: Personal Support Worker Certificate
At least 1 year experience working in a Long Term Care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20-$21 per hour
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.