The Distillery Restaurants Corp., creators of Cluny Bistro, El Catrin, Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill, Archeo Trattoria, Madrina Bar y Tapas, District Pizza and Distillery Events (the Fermenting Cellar and The Distillery District®- Loft) are seeking talented and motivated Line Cooks with a passion for learning and career growth. The ideal candidate not only understands that exceptional food is at the heart of hospitality but that they are an ambassador to Toronto's unique food and beverage culture. Are you a creative culinary professional, looking for a new kitchen to build and develop your skill-set? Does the idea of working with world-class culinary teams spark your interest? The Distillery Restaurants Corp. is the place for you!
Please note: You must already have legal permission to work in Canada to be considered
for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
• Preparing food according to recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications
• Operating standard kitchen equipment with caution
• Maintaining clean and organized stations
• Following FIFO method to maximize product freshness
• Moving food products and supplies between outlets when necessary
• Reporting any equipment/utensil malfunctions/deficiencies to Chef on duty
• Working collaboratively with BOH team members
• Encouraging the DRC’s core beliefs and values on a daily basis
• Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
What you’ll bring to the kitchen:
• EXPERIENCE. You have at least one (1) year of cooking experience in a fast-paced
• EDUCATION/TRAINING. You’ve graduated with a culinary degree/diploma or it’s in
process. Having said that, it’s possible that school wasn’t your thing, but you’ve got the
equivalent to a college education through a combination of training and experience.
• PASSION. You have a genuine passion for food and a drive to create.
• COMMUNICATION SKILLS. You demonstrate exceptional relationship-building and
communication skills among your team members in the restaurant.
• ADAPTABILITY. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• PERSONALITY. You’re humble coupled with a good sense of humour.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.