Legal Assistant / law clerk (Immigration and Refugee Law)
About Auxilium Law Professional Corporation
Immigration and Refugee Law Firm located in Toronto, Ontario.
Auxilium Law PC uses its in-depth knowledge and experience in the field of Immigration and Refugee Law to find cost-effective solutions for its client’s legal problems.
Auxilium Law PC serves both individuals and businesses of all sizes.
- Assist lawyer with case work.
- Conduct legal research on Canlii and Lexi Advance Quicklaw
- Schedule meetings and hearings
- Analyze client cases and assist lawyer in reviewing and preparing various immigration and refugee applications
- Analyze client cases and assist lawyer in reviewing and preparing matters before the Immigration, Refugee Board of Canada and the Federal Court of Canada.
- Perform office administrative activities such as mailing, filing, and data entry.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidates are required to submit a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, transcripts (if recent graduate), and sample of work.
Language: English, French and Spanish
One to two years of relevant work experience.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills, and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills and research skills.
- Team player as well as able to work independently and productively
Anticipated Start Date: June 2023
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: starting from $40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- legal or related: 1 year
- French (required)
- Spanish (required)
Work Location: In person
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.