We are looking for an experienced and qualified Japanese Restaurant Head Chef to organize the sushi bar and kitchen’s activities. You will be the first in command in the facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they arrive at customers ensuring high quality and comment.
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Constructing menus with new existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the serving.
- Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer
- Preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice , chopping, slicing, and filleting various kinds of fish and placing orders for supplies as needed
- Be able to customize customer’s according to preference and food allergy considerations
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortage
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulation and safety standards
- Must have at least 5 years Japanese Restaurant chef experience
- Must fluent with English in oral and written
- Proven experience as Master Chef
- Proven ability of kitchen and sushi bar management
- Resistant to stress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Team spirit
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Customer service-oriented approach
- Credential health and safety training
We thank all candidates who will apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.