Food service supervisors supervise, direct and co-ordinate the activities of workers who prepare, portion and serve food. They are employed by hospitals and other health care establishments and by cafeterias, catering companies and other food service establishments.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
1. Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food
Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
2. Prepare food order summaries for chef according to requests from dieticians, patients in hospitals or other customers
3. Establish work schedules and procedures
Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
4. Supervise and check assembly of regular and special diet trays and delivery of food trolleys to hospital patients
5. Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
6. May participate in the selection of food service staff and assist in the development of policies, procedures and budgets
7. May plan cafeteria menus and determine related food and labour costs.
How to apply:
By sharing a resume on Job Bank
6015 Steeles Ave E ON suite 103
6015 Steeles Ave E, suite 103
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.