Star Lobster & Seafood Co Ltd.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare product in advance for customers to choose from;
- Stock product in display cases and display coolers, stocking tanks;
- Fulfill customer requests on how to prepare seafood;
- This includes but not limited to catch, descale, gut, cut/slice, fillet, rinse/ wash;
- Assist customer in selecting product and providing recommendations as required;
- Maintain workplace cleanliness, wash relevant work areas, fish/seafood tanks;
- Ensure working tools are clean and well kept; and
- Keep display cases, storage area, this includes but not limited to walk in cooler, walk in freezer and other supply storage clean and tidy.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
LANGUAGE OF WORK:
CAD 25.00 per hour, 44 hours per week. Eligibility for annual salary increase and performance based bonus.
Secondary school diploma
EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Fishmonger;
- Demonstrated experience using seafood cutting and other tools in safe manner;
- Knowledge of aquatic care (i.e. oxygen levels, salinity, water quality)
- Ability to lift products of 40 lbs on regular basis; and
- Previous exposure to working in low temperature (0-4 degrees C) freezing temperatures (-18C) and wet environment for lengthy periods.
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.