Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time & Part Time opportunities available
Schedule: Minimum of 10 hours per week various shifts, 7am-2pm, 4pm-7pm, 1:30 to 8 pm
Wage: $17.53 per hour
Important Information: Must have VSS, Food Handlers certificate and be enrolled or graduate of a Food Service Worker Program.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for preparing and serving food to residents or patients in an assisted living or medical facility.
As a Dietary Aide, you will:
- Assist in basic food preparation and serve meals in accordance with therapeutic diets and portion standards
- Setting, clearing, cleaning, and sanitizing dining spaces
- Maintain and perform cleaning duties or, as per the posted cleaning schedule for that day
- Monitor and restock service areas.
- Observe HACCP guidelines to ensure safe food handling / preparation methods
- Follow WHIMIS and MSDS guidelines using chemicals, cleaning, and sanitizing agents
- Support with special function catering as delegated
- You must have a valid Food Handler Certificate or provincial equivalent
- Have previous experience as a dietary aide or in hospitality and customer service
- You have knowledge of sanitation and safety guidelines
- Skilled in preparing meals according to instructions
- Have good time-management skills and ability to multitask
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- You have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.