Customer Service Representative (Part Time)
Role: Customer Service Representative (Part Time)
Work Location: Toronto, Ontario M3J 1Y5
Available Shifts: 20hrs/ Week, shifts vary Monday to Friday: 8:30am – 5pm
Hourly Rate: $16/hour
About Heart to Home Meals:
Do you believe that where you work matters? Well, we do to. We are Heart to Home Meals, the leading frozen home meals delivery service for seniors in Ontario. Established in 2016, Heart to Home Meals provides healthy and nutritious meals to thousands of elderly customers who wish to remain independent in their own homes.
Heart to Home Meals, Toronto Central regional office is searching for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) who wants to jump right in and help this organization grow. The role of a CSR is critical to the success of our business; their passion and enthusiasm bring joy and vitality to each customer they speak with. CSR’s develop a valued relationship with each customer we serve and take an active interest in them as people, not just customers.
If you are passionate about using your talents to make an impact in the quality of life for Toronto seniors and want an opportunity to gain experience and develop your skills, we want to talk to you!
All Heart to Home Meals CSR’s are famous for being empathetic and helpful to all our customers. Our goal is to be looked upon as a trusted friend and neighbor who becomes a regular part of our customers’ lives. We are looking for CSR’s who will take an active and genuine interest in making a real difference in our customers lives. This is a “people” focused role and requires individuals who enjoy engaging with a wide variety of elderly customers.
To be successful as a Customer Service Representative you must be passionate about bringing positivity to the lives of every customer you interact with. You are a good listener; you’ll be able to treat every customer as an individual and will look to personalize the service each customer receives as you learn about and respond to their needs. You are able to engage in conversation to identify our customers’ needs and match them to meals they are most likely to enjoy. You will support customers by advising them on how to cook, store and re-order our meals as necessary.
Top candidates will have a very clear telephone voice where you can adapt your style to meet the needs of every customer. You have the ability to communicate clearly and relate to people at all levels and ages. Your empathy, compassion, attention to detail, organizational skills and experience with computers will contribute to your success in this role. If this sounds like you, send us your resume and include your favorite ice cream flavor in the first line of your cover letter.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Process orders received online and over the phone
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Communicate with customers through email or phone (inbound and outbound calls)
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Know our products inside and out so you can answer questions.
- Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Process customer payments, refunds and adjustments
- Communicate and coordinate with internal staff to resolve customer complaints/issues
- You will have a flexible approach to work content and a willingness to help with other areas of the business as and when the occasion arises.
- Perform basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry as needed
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs
What You Bring to the Team:
- Completed High School or Post-Secondary Education
- Experience in an office work environment and Customer Service experience is an asset
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Customer oriented approach to work and a professional demeanor.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism is expected.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage time effectively
- Basic math skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, proactive, willingness to learn
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word), internet and strong typing skills
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.