Tim Hortons in Kenora, Ontario operated by AKU Coffee Ltd. is currently looking for Full-time Bakers with open availability.
The Baker is responsible for the preparation and monitoring of products to support the Exceptional Guest Experience through the delivery of quality products and service. The Restaurant Baker is the core of our restaurant, the person who prepares all donuts, muffins, breakfast, pastries, etc. for the restaurant and ensures that all products are up to Tim's standards while following food safety protocol. As a Baker, you take pride in producing quality finished bakery or menu items that our guests come to enjoy and love. You follow Tim Hortons standards and guidelines when preparing products for our guests as well as follow all operating guidelines for each piece of equipment. You support a clean environment through regular clean up; maintain a neat and professional appearance in accordance to our company policy, minimize food waste and maintain freshness of products. Your energy and passion for guest service are what make you a top team member in this fast-paced environment while your ability to multi-task and communicate with your fellow team members will contribute to your success.
Our Bakers produce the bakery items for our restaurants, as well as preparing other hot and cold food products for the sandwich unit. You will be deeply immersed in training to learn about our operations standards, food safety, health and safety, cleaning and sanitizing. Part of this position will include maintaining our restaurant's cleanliness. As part of the position you will be required to sweep, mop, clean the kitchen area, change garbage's, and maintain the bakery equipment and small wares.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares special orders, Frost and decorate baked goods which include Donuts, Danishes, Cookies, Muffins, Pastries, brownies, bread rolls and Croissants, etc.
- Prepares Breads, Buns and Bagels and various types of Hot and cold products which includes Soups, fresh cracked eggs, Slicing, portioning and preparing various meats like carved Turkey, carved Ham, Sausage, Bacon etc. Thaws and prepares fruits, berries, vegetables and prepare yogurts
- Ensure proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes, following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment
- Follows all Operations standards and guidelines for preparation of products and operation of equipment, according to training and operational materials provided
- Monitors fridge and freezer product inventory and assists the management in Ordering/purchasing.
- Oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods. Prepares all products as required, minimizing food waste through the production of smaller quantities of food more often throughout the day; records prepared items and waste on the production sheet
- Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce. Receives and responds to showcase and product needs from the Restaurant Front
- Regularly takes temperatures of the required products, fridges and freezers and records information in the Time & Temperature Log
- Follows all restaurant policies, procedures and standards
- Supports a clean environment that is ready for rush periods and time-sensitive requests through regular clean up, organization and stocking of the kitchen
- Ensures quality of products meets established standards. Follows proper hand washing techniques and all sanitation guidelines; completes all sanitation tasks as outlined by the Restaurant Manager or Restaurant Owner
- Operate machinery provided by Tim Hortons involves Baking Ovens, Slicers, Mixers and dishwasher etc. with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service.
- Clean equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments and keep display equipment clean and free of debris.
- Train new baking personnel and kitchen staff.
- Follow principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed
As a qualified candidate, you fulfill on the following criteria:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 1 year to 2-year Tim Horton's or similar baking experience is required.
- Demonstrate a passion and energy for guest service and creating friendly, fast, and exceptional guest experiences
- Enjoy working with a successful team in a safe environment
- Have a strong work ethic and are committed to your team, ensuring a clean and organized environment that exceed our guests' expectations
- Has a presentation level that is consistent with providing an exceptional guest experience
- Reliability and ability to work flexible hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Is able to lift and carry up to 20 kg / 45 lbs
- Operate large and heavy equipment
- Receive large deliveries up to twice weekly
- Transition between cold (e.g. freezer) and hot (e.g. oven) working environments
- Ability to distinguish between colours.
As part of our team we offer you:
- Comprehensive training
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefit Program where company shares minimum of 50 percent of monthly premium with eligible candidates
- Incentive, recognition, & staff food discount programs
- Team Tim Hortons Scholarship Program
- Advancement opportunities
- Free uniforms
- Community involvement
Primary Language: English
Job Type and Salary: Full-time, Permanent, Wage - $15 /hour
Number of Positions-3
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Kenora, Ontario
Kenora is a small vibrant city located on the Lake of the Woods in the Northwestern Ontario. It is a site of natural attractions and gets visitors from all over the world year-round. Swimming, biking, fishing, hiking and boating are some different activities Kenora has to offer. We have two Tim Hortons in Kenora and lots of positions open.
How to Apply
1344 Highway 17 East, Kenora, ON P9N 4B5
714 Lakeview Drive, Kenora, ON P9N 3P7
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.