Black Walnut Bakery is a fast-paced, team-oriented from scratch kitchen. Our primary focus is on quality and our approach to product development is involvement from everyone in the kitchen. At Black Walnut, we aspire to recognize new leaders and talent to grow them with us in our company.
Locations: London, ON
Job type: Full time
- All scones, cakes, bread, pies, sausage rolls and other menu items will look and taste impeccable because of you. Our bakers get to use their creativity while creating all items from scratch. Your goal will be to produce an exceptional product with expediency.
- Operate commercial oven to bake pastries
- Operate commercial mixer to mix dough
- Roll dough and breads
- Fulfill prep tasks as needed, such as cutting butter, filling flour bins, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and refrigerators
- Track your production numbers
- Check the production schedule to determine the variety and quantity of goods to
- Measure and mix ingredients to form dough or batter, following recipes
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in the oven. Observe products
while cooking and adjust controls
- Use a variety of kitchen tools, including electric mixers, pans, rolling pins, heating
sources, and cutting tools
- Team-oriented and collaborative in efforts towards being interdependent
- Prior experience preferred
- Performing assigned duties with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Great ability to manage time productively
- Penchant for understanding instructions and adhering to recipes
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Current Food Handlers Card
- Ability to work early mornings Responsibilities
- Must also be patient, detail-oriented, creative, and organized
- Knowledge in a wide range of ingredients
- Knowledge of baking equipment and techniques
- Excellent communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of gluten free goods and ingredients
- Standing is required for the majority of the work-day – Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Salary: starting at $15.50 plus tips.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.