Administrative Assistant, Long Service Recognition (LSR) Pgm
QCC is hiring a results-driven Administrative Assistant to join our Long Service Recognition (LSR) Program. The Administrative Assistant will be integral to supporting the hands-on preparation and delivery of certificates to public service employees who have reached milestone years in their career (i.e. 15 years, 20 years, etc.). This is the ideal position for someone taking their first step into a career in office administration while leveraging their sharp eye for detail and knack for organization.
Job Type: Short-term Contract (4 weeks), 35 hours per week, starting on December 6th, ending on January 10th. Holidays from December 26th to January 2nd.
Reports To: Manager, Member Programs and Services
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: In Office Work; 2 Carlton Street, Suite 620, Toronto, ON, M5B 1J3
What You’ll Do
· Flex your attention to detail through meticulously tracking the LSR program status
· Attentively print and assemble the contents of the LSR packages
· Frame and carefully handle sensitive LSR packages
· Showcase your initiative by developing a method to efficiently pack, organize and ship LSR packages
· Diligently follow up on enquiries regarding the LSR program
· Take initiative by continuously recommending process improvements and system enhancements.
· Arrive with the adaptability to take on other tasks related to the program as they arise
Skills and Qualifications:
What You Bring
· You work hard, demonstrating a drive to achieve tasks to build on organizational successes
· You are organized and detail-oriented; you understand organization as an enabler of project success
· You bring a high level of initiative, seeking continual process improvements and efficiencies
· You enjoy asking questions to continually enrich your understanding of the context in which you work
· Your exceptional communication and customer services skills make LSR coordinators feel connected and
recognized with every interaction
· You see problems as opportunities; you implement creative solutions to every issue you encounter
· You easily master software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook to facilitate your work
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.