French RECE or Montessori Trained Teacher
Victoria Education Centre, Montessori and Child Care is looking for an energetic, motivated French Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) or a Montessori teacher. Must be a warm and caring individual.
· Good Communication Skills
· Problem Solving
· Observes children to detect signs of ill health and to evaluate progress.
· Interacts with the children and encourages their involvement in activities.
· Provides a warm, safe, and caring environment that is kept orderly, clean, and appealing.
· Plans, prepares, and implements daily activities (indoor/outdoor) as they relate to the curriculum.
· Provides overall supervision of toileting and washroom time.
· Oversees all mealtime/snack time.
· Works with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
· Ensures confidentiality of privileged information.
· Maintain accurate attendance records of children.
· Be sensitive to individual children’s differences and needs and be willing to adjust the program & curriculum to meet those individual needs.
· Assist with other duties as requested.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Must be registered with the College of ECE’s and in good standing or has a MACTE accredited Montessori Diploma
· A Current Vulnerable Sector Check
· Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
· Updated Immunizations
· High levels of patience
· Genuinely committed to working with young children
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability and willingness to perform required physical tasks
· Ability to recognize individual learning styles and the characteristics of learners
· High level of attention to confidentiality
· Willing to participate in ongoing learning
· Knowledge of French is a definite asset
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.