Average hours per week: 36 to 40 Hours / Week
Hourly wage/Salary: 17.50/Hour
DESCRIPTION OF MAIN DUTIES:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Manage kitchen operations
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Safe Food Handling certificate.
Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Judgement, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Client focus, Dependability, Organized.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Overtime required, Attention to detail.
Employment groups: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices.
Intended job posting audience: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
How to apply: by email at email@example.com
* Only currently registered YES clients can apply online.