The Lighthouse Project assists job-seekers who might be stressed or anxious about looking for or maintaining full-time (30 hours per week or more) employment.
New!! Online applications can now be made here
All Participants selected for the program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Looking for full-time (minimum 30 hours a week) employment opportunities
- Canadian citizenship, permanent resident, or Convention Refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not currently in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits, or accessed EI benefits in the last 5 years
- Have not worked more than 665 hours in the last 52 weeks
Delivered through small group workshops and one-on-one career counseling sessions, participants engage in:
- 12+ weeks of paid work placement tailored to interests, needs and background
- Interview preparation – Self-care and coping skills
- Job search support
- Career exploration and planning
- Labour market research
- Resume and cover letter development
- Exploring disclosure and accommodations
- Managing stress at work and relapse prevention planning
Participants receive extensive help to find and maintain suitable employment and achieve their career goals. They also benefit from on-the-job support, training, and personalized coaching at every step.
If you are a social service organization or community worker and would like to refer a participant, please contact us for the referral package.
Located at: 555 Richmond St. W. Suite 1003
Corner of Richmond St. W. and Bathurst
Registration is done by referrals only (self-referrals are accepted)
For further information call us at: (416) 504-5516
The Lighthouse Project is a partnership with The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health CAMH.