The Lighthouse Project assists job-seekers who are looking to obtain and maintain full-time (30 hours per week or more)
- All Participants selected for the program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Canadian citizenship, permanent resident, or Convention Refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Willing to commit to attending pre-employment sessions (group sessions or one-on-one sessions)
- Willing to commit to complete 12 weeks of Work Experience (paid employment)
Delivered through small group workshops and one-on-one career counseling sessions, participants engage in:
- Career exploration and planning
- Labour market research
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interview preparation -Self-care and coping skills
- Yoga classes
- Exploring disclosure and accommodations
- Job search support
- Managing stress at work and relapse prevention planning
- 12+ weeks of paid work placement tailored to interests, needs and background
Participants receive extensive help to find and maintain suitable employment and achieve their career goals. They also benefit from on-the-job support, training, and personalized coaching at every step.
If you are a social service organization or community worker and would like to refer a participant, please contact us for the referral package.
Located at: 555 Richmond St. W. Suite 1003
Corner of Richmond St. W. and Bathurst
Registration is done by referrals only
For further information call us at: (416) 504-5516
The Lighthouse Project is a partnership with The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health CAMH.